Web/Graphic Design Intern
We’re looking for a Web/Graphic Design Intern with a sharp design eye and a passion for learning new things to join the Monkee-Boy Design team.
About the Internship
A Web/Graphic Design Intern is responsible for working closely with the creative team to develop, present, and reinforce digital strategy created during projects and ongoing support of our clients.
This is an hourly, part-time position that, with the right candidate, will grow into a full time position at Monkee-Boy. The candidate will be compensated based on work experience, demonstration of success, and other intangibles they bring to the table. Candidate will work virtually until the Monkee-Boy officer re-opens and may be required to attend some in-person, socially distanced meetings for initial training and hand off of materials.
- Work closely with Creative Director to ensure branding standards and strategy are consistent and maintained
- Work collaboratively and take direction and feedback from design management, peers, marketing, developers, and project managers
- Deliver engaging and compelling presentations to clients as well as to internal teams
- Testing and validating the usability of your team's designs
- Contribute to the development of accessible and functional web products
- Stay informed and updated on all creative department projects, schedule, and budget
- Assists with internal requests from multiple departments for web updates, presentations, graphic elements, client case studies, and other promotional collateral material.
- Assists with the filing and management of all digital assets into the appropriate libraries.
- Excellent design skills including typography, layout, and illustration
- Knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch
- Basic understanding UX/UI fundamentals, best practices, & technology
- Collaborate and work with individuals of varying roles, skillsets, and backgrounds
- Takes an initiative toward action, even on items not explicitly within your direct responsibility
- Ability to think way outside the box, and then dial in on what is feasible
- Good written/verbal communication skills and can present to multiple audiences
- Ability & desire to understand and really get to know your user's pain points
- Resilient and comfortable with constructive feedback, failing in a safe environment, and getting out of your comfort zone
- High attention to detail and quality control
- Curiosity and a hunger to grow and learn new things
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Ability to prioritize, budget, and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
- Experience designing natively for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Experience with custom and/or open source Content Management Systems
- Active participation and contribution to the web and design community
- UI Animation skills (AfterEffects, Keynote, or other)
The Design Team
This application process isn’t a one-way street. It’s important that we be a good fit for you too.
- If you’ve browsed The Troop page you might have seen that our team is pretty tight-knit. We all leave our egos at the door, teach each other and are willing to be taught, handle projects together, share thoughts and ideas openly, and trust each other.
- We love Adobe XD, and think you will too (if you don’t already!)
- We’re big on sharing ideas and social bookmarking, whether it’s a new button animation we saw or a cool illustration on Dribbble.
- We’re pretty active in the design community, and believe in giving back where we can. We <3 hackathons, meetups, and panel discussions outside of work hours.
- We love to collaborate. Whether it’s in the office throwing around new ideas, asking each other for help, or meeting up at a nearby coffee shop for a little change of scenery.