Web Accessibility Road Map
Monkee-Boy Web Design, Inc. (Monkee-Boy) is committed to ensuring that the information and technology it creates or provides in conducting its activities is accessible in accordance with applicable law (including Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.) In addition, Monkee-Boy endeavors that web-based content adhere to WCAG 2.1 level AA.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Monkee-Boy's website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level A.
We are actively working on upgrading portions of our site that are currently not accessible and will continue to do so moving forward to reach and sustain accessibility conformance.
Our roadmap to greater inclusivity
Monkee-Boy’s website is partially redesigned to deliver a more inclusive online experience. Monkee-Boy aims to deliver an experience that meets or exceeds the WCAG 2.1 Level AA guidelines by the end of Q4 2023. The following is a list of planned activities and estimated delivery:
- Redesign Non-accessible Elements: Q4 2023
- Development Initiated: Q4 2023
- Development Completed: Q4 2023
- Testing & Quality Assurance: Q4 2023
- In-person testing with Knowbility: Q4 2023
- Estimated Launch: Ongoing rollout of new features as they are completed and tested
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Monkee-Boy’s website is not compatible with:
- Web browsers older than 3 major versions
- Any version of Internet Explorer
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 year
- Some assistive technology - as part of Monkee-Boy’s commitment to accessibility, its development team has developed a list of items that are not compatibility with the most common assistive technology. These items are fixed, tested and deployed on completion.
5 Reasons Web Accessibility Should be a Priority in Your Next Website Redesign
New year, new site? If your organization is planning for a website overhaul or upgrade, this article will help unpack why we believe web accessibility should be a core requirement.Read Article